I Can’t Help Myself Friday. The Super Bowl Edition.

by meg on February 3, 2012

Meg is feeling a little alone in the blogosphere; her love of the Patriots is shared by no one. She cannot understand how someone cannot fall under the spell of this one:

For the love of God, Meg’s friend Frankie used to deliver UPS packages to Tom at his sisters at Marina Bay in Quincy. He gave them two thumbs up for being nice and down to earth. Meg suspects legions of people really hate the Patriots because of this guy:

Yeah, I know he’s wearing Jennifer Beals Flashdance outfit, and it’s wrong on every level. He never smiles, comes off like an ass, and always has this trampy girlfriend on his arm. I get that, but Tom should trump Bill. It’s that the only trump you really ever want to think about.

Enough about the game though. What’s most important on a Superbowl Sunday? That’s right snacks, cocktails, and commercials.

Honda, what the hell have you done with my “let’s blow off work today” icon Matthew Broderick?

I cannot get over the fact he drives the SAME EXACT CAR as I do. Am I lame like him or is he cool like me?

Jerry Seinfeld tries to bribe a guy and get first in line for an Acura:

Somehow, I’m sort of glad he made Jerry work that hard. He could use a workout after sitting on his Seinfeld laurels for so long. (and can anyone tell me why the husbands of America still think Kramer and George are funny?)

Guess what, Tommy Lee and Motley Crue are starring in a car commercial, too!

The commercial was meh, but here’s the amazing part. Tommy Lee has a Twitter account and can type! That is bigger news than any Super Bowl commercial I can think of.

So Meg is going to end with the toughest bunch of broads that ever hit the internet, the Real Housewives of South Boston*:

(* disclaimer. The RHOSB are a bunch of actors in L.A. However, they are scarily like some real people in real life.)

Whatever you do this weekend, enjoy the game, the commercials, your snacks, and may the cutest quarterback win. In the meantime, Meg is headed to Jackie’s Packie on Route 34.

{ 7 comments }

The Zadge February 3, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Sorry, Sista, add me to the list of Patriots Haters. Yeah, Mr. Giselle is cute, but the team seems to lack soul. It’s like they never watched Don Cornelius when they were growing up.

P.S. What’s with the full face of make-up on Broderick? He looks like a tranny.
The Zadge´s last blog post ..The Lorenza Chronicles: Chapter 364

Dawn in DC February 3, 2012 at 5:12 pm

CGMan and I are both for the Pats, but that is mostly because they are the favorite team of our BFFs. More importantly, I am hoping to MISS the Super Bowl due to being at the hospital coaching my grandgirl into the world. Otherwise she’ll be born on just a regular weekday, and who wants that? So, goooooo grandbaby!!
Dawn in DC´s last blog post ..Between the wish and the thing lies the waiting…

Bridget February 3, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I love that Dawn and CGMan are rooting for the Pats! I expect Little Miss Sunshine State who is a former resident of our state will pipe in soon and tell us she is a Tommy and Co lover as we know she is!

Hey come to think of it Mitt Romney is probably rooting for the Pats too huh? Eh – never mind – he can’t sing to save his life! Obviously not up for a Morman Tabernacle Choir Position!

Zadge – Eli is U-G-L-Y! There is not way he can be a stand in boyfriend!

Little Miss Sunshine State February 3, 2012 at 10:53 pm

I’m hearing people don’t like Tom because he is obnoxious.
WHAAAAAATTTTTT?
My husband went to all the Pats games back in the day when they would lose more than win, but he stayed a fan because he thought they had heart.
I don’t just love our Tommy. You GOTTA love Wes Welker! And Vince! And Danny! And BenJarvus!
Little Miss Sunshine State´s last blog post ..Interview With A NEW Cat!

linlah February 4, 2012 at 7:22 pm

I’m going to root for however wins. I would just like a good game.
linlah´s last blog post ..picking a seat

Midlyfemama February 4, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Helloooooooooooo, fellow Bostonian here. Patriots all the way, dude. Even if I wasn’t a Patriots fan, WHICH I AM, I would still root for them because, hello, GIANTS. BAH.

Absence of Alternatives February 5, 2012 at 2:58 am

I will cheer for the team with the best looking uniforms!!!

In reality, we have two book projects/report/summary due on Monday. Did I say we? I meant my youngest boy. Yeah.

There is always YouTube for all the commercials! That’s the only things I watch anyway. Thanks for the car commercials. They make me happy. :-)

Previous post: